Termination is a fundamental topic in computer science. While classical results state the undecidability of various termination problems, automated methods have successfully been developed that prove termination or non-termination in practical cases. Research in termination analysis offers many challenges both in theory (mathematical logic, proof theory) and practice (software development, formal methods).
This portal aims to provide the research community with up-to-date information about the field of termination analysis. The main sections are People (information about researchers in termination analysis), News (information about events and new publications), Tools (information about tools for automated termination analysis), and References (publications related to termination analysis). Additionally, the portal provides information about past and future workshops and competitions.
- Termination Competition 2023
- 19th International Workshop on Termination
- Termination Competition 2022
- Termination Competition 2021
- Termination Competition 2020
- Termination Competition 2019
- Workshop on Termination 2020
- Termination and Complexity Competition 2018
- Termination and Complexity Competition 2017
- Termination and Complexity Competition 2016
- Workshop on Termination 2016: September 5-7 at Computational Logic in the Alps
- Termination Competition 2015
- Termination Competition 2014 is part of FLoC Olympics
Older news entries can be found on the news page.