Annual International Termination Competition
During the 90's a number of new, powerful termination methods was developed. Thus, at the the beginning of the millennium many research groups started to develop tools for fully-automated termination analysis.
After a tool demonstration at the 2003 Workshop on Termination in Valencia, the community decided to install an annual termination competition to spur the development of tools and new termination techniques.
The plan is to run the termination competition on the Star Exec platform.
Currently, the competition features the following categories:
- termination of string and term rewriting
- termination of logic programs
- certified termination of string and term rewriting (since 2007)
- termination of functional programs (since 2007)
- complexity of rewrite systems (since 2008)
- termination of java bytecode programs (since 2009)
- termination of higher order rewriting (since 2010)
- integer term rewriting (under consideration)
Discussion is open and primarily happens on the termtools mailing list. Decisions will be made by votes among the Termination Competition Steering Committee.
Termination Problems Data Base
The Termination Problems Data Base collects all the problems used in the competitions.
We welcome problem submissions from non-participants.
History of Termination Competitions
The following competitions have taken place: