Workshop on Certified Termination WScT08
For general information on the workshop topic and history, see WScT.
This will be a working meeting, with plenty of room for discussion.
- location: Leipzig, Germany
- date: May 17 - 19, 2008
- local organizer: Johannes Waldmann, HTWK Leipzig
Please register by writing your name here and the title of the talk you want to give, or the topic you want to discuss. (Feel free to create wiki pages for your topic, and link from here.)
- Johannes Waldmann, topics I'd like to see
- the present of Rainbow (give help to people who want to use this, may include some time for actual implementation/hacking)
- future of Rainbow (what has become of the plans we made http://color.loria.fr/workshop.html)
- Christian Sternagel,
- I would like to present:
- summary of what I presented in Nancy last year + progress report
- short overview of (ongoing) work on formalizing dependency pairs, subterm criterion, and SCC decomposition in Isabelle
- I would like to discuss:
- how to encode (estimated) dependency graphs and SCCs in Rainbow
- I would like to present:
- Adam Koprowski, (topic: TBA)
- René Thiemann, topics (presented in combination with Simon)
- (fixed) details on upcoming termination competition (TC)
- discussion of TC-details that have to be fixed by the community
- (since the TC should not be the main topic of this workshop, I would suggest to schedule these parts on Sunday)
- Simon Bailey, topics:
- the current state of the new implementation of the termination competition.
- Frederic Blanqui. I can present the current state of Rainbow and CoLoR.
- Carsten Fuhs
- Raúl Gutiérrez,
- Évelyne Contejean. I and Xavier would like to give a talk on Sunday about the A3Pat approach.
- Xavier Urbain
- Andreas Gebhardt
I think we have two main topics
- A: (future of) certified termination
- B: (certified) termination competition
What's your preference (vote here)
- Saturday: A, Sunday: B
- Saturday: B, Sunday: A
- (X) mixed: Saturday: Introduction, Sunday: Discussion
We should aim for a "results" session on Monday (write down results of discussion, and open problems).
session times are provisional
- Saturday 9 -- 12 a.m. and 2 -- 5 p.m., Room Z017
- Sunday 9 -- 12 a.m. and 2 -- 5 p.m., Room Z017
- Workshop Dinner 7 p.m. at Ristorante da Vito
- Monday 9 a.m. -- 1 p.m. , Room Li108
HTWK, Fachbereich IMN, Gustav-Freytag-Straße 42a, 04275 Leipzig http://www.htwk-leipzig.de/hochsch/lageplan.pdf
- Z017 in ground floor of Zuse-Bau
- Li108 in first floor of Lipsius-Bau
- coffee and soda provided at the workshop (small fee)
- lunch Saturday/Sunday: several small restaurants nearby
- lunch Monday: Mensa/Cafeteria HTWK
You'll find plenty of hotels of all price ranges through the usual search engines
HTWK is at Karl-Liebknecht-Straße/Richard-Lehmann-Straße.
(note: Hotel Seeblick is not a hotel. And there is no Lake.)
- from Airport Leipzig/Halle to Leipzig Hauptbahnhof (central station, right next to city center): several trains. Takes 15 min, goes every 30 min
- from Hauptbahnhof to HTWK (workshop location): take tram #10 (direction Lößnig) or #11 (direction Markkleeberg Ost), until station "Connewitz Kreuz"
(takes 15 min, goes every 15 min) then walk (5 min).
places to go:
- cultural/historic/shopping: city center (tram stations Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz, Augustusplatz)
- entertainment (cafes, restaurants, clubs, bars): Karl-Liebknecht-Straße (tram: Südplatz), Gottschedstraße (tram: Thomaskirche)
- recreation: Clara-Zetkin-Park, Cospudener See
... and there's more (so you'll have to come back for WST09)
Note that WScT08 is right after WATA08 Dresden. (There will even be some termination talks at WATA.) Travel from Dresden to Leipzig is easy (one hour by train). Dresden is a major tourist attraction.