session times are provisional
- Saturday 9 -- 12 a.m. and 2 -- 5 p.m., Room Z017
- Sunday 9 -- 12 a.m. and 2 -- 5 p.m., Room Z017
- Workshop Dinner 7 p.m. at
http://www.da-vito-leipzig.de/anfahrt.htm Ristorante da Vito
- Monday 9 a.m. -- 1 p.m. , Room Li108
HTWK, Fachbereich IMN, Gustav-Freytag-Straße 42a, 04275 Leipzig http://www.htwk-leipzig.de/hochsch/lageplan.pdf
- Z017 in ground floor of Zuse-Bau
- Li108 in first floor of Lipsius-Bau
- coffee and soda provided at the workshop (small fee)
- lunch Saturday/Sunday: several small restaurants nearby
- lunch Monday: Mensa/Cafeteria HTWK
You'll find plenty of hotels of all price ranges through the usual search engines
HTWK is at Karl-Liebknecht-Straße/Richard-Lehmann-Straße.
(note: Hotel Seeblick is not a hotel. And there is no Lake.)
- from Airport Leipzig/Halle to Leipzig Hauptbahnhof (central station, right next to city center): several trains. Takes 15 min, goes every 30 min
- from Hauptbahnhof to HTWK (workshop location): take tram #10 (direction Lößnig) or #11 (direction Markkleeberg Ost), until station "Connewitz Kreuz"
(takes 15 min, goes every 15 min) then walk (5 min).
places to go:
- cultural/historic/shopping: city center (tram stations Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz, Augustusplatz)
- entertainment (cafes, restaurants, clubs, bars): Karl-Liebknecht-Straße (tram: Südplatz), Gottschedstraße (tram: Thomaskirche)
- recreation: Clara-Zetkin-Park, Cospudener See
... and there's more (so you'll have to come back for WST09)
Note that WScT08 is right after WATA08 Dresden. (There will even be some termination talks at WATA.) Travel from Dresden to Leipzig is easy (one hour by train). Dresden is a major tourist attraction.